Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Day Before Xmas Eve

Yesterday was a swim test to gather data that will be used to set my intervals for upcoming swim workouts.  After a couple of months, I'll do the test again and see what my improvements are.  The test consisted of a warmup, then an all our 400 meter swim, fully recover, and then a full out 200 meter.  The 400 was done in 7:23, and the 200 done in 3:09.  That was done in the Morning, and then I did some strength training in the afternoon (warm up run, legs, and lats).

Today was an early morning cycle for about 45 minutes just concentrating on a high cadence.  Working on an efficient pedal stroke.  This afternoon was a short interval run of a 15 min warm up, 1 mile @ half marathon pace, two 800 meter @ 10k pace, and two 400 meter @ 5k pace.  All w/ about 2 min jog in between.

Actually starting to feel like I'm coming down with something.  Could be that I'm starting to get dehydrated.  Once training starts, I have to consciously increase my hydration during the day.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow.  It's xmas eve, so might be a good day to take off :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment