Sunday, December 21, 2014

1st Weekend

This weekend consisted of an aerobic threshold run test on Saturday.  Basically after a warmup, I ran 3 miles holding a certain HR to set a baseline for later workouts.  I was able to manage a 160 HR for 3 miles at 8:00 min miles.  I'll do another test later in training to see how my aerobic base is coming along.  Today, Sunday, I did a 2 hr 15 min cycle trainer workout.  Also, did a weight workout this evening (bis and tris).  Sat in the sauna to get some blood flowing to the tired muscles.  This is the end of the first week.  It's very easy load right now.....concentrating in developing an aerobic base and building leg strength in the gym.

It's the holidays so it's hard not to be gaining weight.  But I have a long way to go, so I'm going to indulge this coming week.  Plenty of time to work it off :)  Tomorrow is a big swim test.......determining a baseline for swim fitness that upcoming swim workouts will be based on.

No comments:

Post a Comment